The Quality Assurance Technician ensures that quality system, materials, components, equipment, premises, processes, operations, procedures, products and records are introduced, performed, maintained and followed in accordance with established procedures and specifications of Maricann while in compliance with the Cannabis Act and GMP and GPP. Reports to Quality Assurance Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- · Ensure quality of product produced, stored, packaged and labelled before it is made available for provision or sale via monitoring these processes in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Specifications, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Production Practices
- · Ensure incoming materials and components are verified and inspected prior to use and are compliant with required specifications
- · Ensure cleaning and sanitation program is followed
- · Conduct quality inspection and verification of production areas, equipment and techniques
- · Conduct quality verification, sampling, inspection and in-process controls of product and finished goods, including maintenance of product test and retention samples
- · Preparation and control of shipping orders and test submissions for test samples
- · Issue, control and maintain necessary batch production, packaging and labelling documents
- · Ensure production personnel are following proper procedure for ongoing production checks
- · Perform batch production, packaging, labelling and testing records review accordingly with compliance requirements and maintain records in accordance with retention process
- · Participate in quality evaluation, assessment and investigation in respect of out-of-specification test results, returned product, deviations, adverse events, product complaints, loss or theft, security occurrence, and assist with problem solving, root cause analysis and corrective actions, as appropriate
- · Responsible to ensure accurate quality documentation and records are maintained
- · Ensure product is released and approved by the QAP before it is made available for provision or sale
- · Support the Manager by assisting with training and instruction for Operations personnel in QA measuring procedures
- · Support the QA Manager by partnering to develop and maintain quality procedures and work instructions
- · Provide quality management with detailed quality and compliance reports as required;
- · Other duties as required by quality management
- · Support the QA Manager by communicating with contract organizations on products testing information, as required
- · Assist in GMP, GPP, compliance and regulatory affairs governed internal and external activities, including inspections by government agencies (Health Canada), as appropriate
- · Support the QA technicians in learning more about delivering on the QA mandate
- · Work safely, report all workplace hazards and follow all Maricann’s Health and Safety policies and procedures, Occupational Health & Safety Act
- · Participate in annual health & safety training provided by Maricann
- · Adheres to all Maricann’s policies, guidelines and statutory requirements (such as but not limited to Employment Standards Act, Workplace Safety Insurance Act and Ontario Human Rights Act)
- · Attend and participate in team and supervision meetings
- · Attend and participate in all required training such as but not limited to WHMIS, AODA and Health and Safety
- · Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- · Bachelor’s Degree in a science or pharmaceutical field preferred or minimum of three years demonstrated success in a Pharmaceutical, / NHP / Medical Cannabis industry in Quality Assurance / Quality Control / Regulatory Affairs / Compliance or equivalent environment.
- · Strong working knowledge of GPP requirements and ACMPR regulations that apply to Medical Cannabis.
- · Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and other Microsoft Office Programs;
- · Security clearance by Health Canada under the ACMPR will be required.
- · Minimum two years successful demonstrated ability to train others in procedures and communicate QA practices
Core CompetenciesCore Competencies
- · Demonstrated self -starter abilities to perform work with minimal supervision as well as a team player.
- · Detail oriented with excellent problem-solving ability to deliver on the QA mandate
- · Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high performing team environment
- · Self-motivated; willingness to take initiative and accept responsibility with minimal direction
- · Flexible and adaptable to change
- · Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to demonstrate the importance of the QA function with all levels at Maricann and externally to deliver on objectives.
- · Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills are required
ABOUT MARICANN INC
Maricann Inc., founded in 2013, is a vertically integrated cultivator and processor of cannabis located in Langton, Ontario. Maricann is GMP certified and cultivates, processes, sells and distributes cannabis under federal licenses from the Government of Canada nationally and internationally. Maricann is a subsidiary of CanAdelaar, a prominent cannabis company based in Austria.
While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Maricann Inc. will not be responsible for any agency referral fees arising from the use of resumes that currently exist in the recruitment database or have been forwarded to Maricann Inc. directly or indirectly without an authorized agreement. Agency referrals will not be accepted unless approved by the Maricann Human Resources team.
Maricann Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known. Please notify Human Resources for assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All PPE required to curb the spread of Covid-19 will be provided by Maricann.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Quality Assurance Technician in Cannabis: 1 year (required)